To assure the safest possible environment for the children within our programs, the following policies and procedures have been adopted based on recommendations and guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Pa. Dept. of Human Services.
Health Screening Upon Arrival
Upon arrival, each parent will be asked a series of questions related to their child’s health and the children will have their temperature taken. If a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher is present, if they show any signs of illness, or do not pass the screening questions children will be sent home and not allowed entry into the building.
Policy on Face Coverings
Our policy is that all children are to wear a face covering within our facility, with the exceptions of eating or when 6 feet social distancing is possible. We ask that you also provide an extra face covering for your child in case your child should misplace or damage one.
It is also the policy of the Y that all staff and visitors at any YMCA location will wear face coverings at all times (other than during meals).
- Groups will not exceed 25 children and groups will not co-mingle.
- Absences from the YMCA will be tracked and monitored.
Drop Off/Pick Up Procedures
Drop-off and pick-up procedures are specific to each YMCA Program Site. Information on these procedures can be found in the Parents Packet given upon registration.
Hand Washing/Sanitizer Usage
- We will ensure frequent hand washing with warm soap and water for 20 seconds upon arrival, after toileting, before & after meals, after playing outdoors, after blowing nose and after any messy activities.
- If soap and warm water are not available, staff with assist students in applying an alcohol based hand sanitizer. Hand sanitizer will not be left within reach of children. (Please do not send hand sanitizer to school with your child.)
- Staff supervision will be provided to children to ensure that they are practicing effective hand washing.
- Staff will remind children to avoid touching their eyes and face throughout the day
Cleaning and Sanitizing
- The Y will implement sanitation procedures throughout the day; disinfecting high touch surfaces such as doorknobs, tables and bathrooms regularly with state approved EPA registered cleaning products and disinfectants.
- All toys, equipment and craft supplies will be wiped down immediately after use or stored in a bin for cleaning at the end of the day.
- Toys or materials that are difficult to clean, such as stuffed animals, will be removed from the program. Toys from home are not permitted.
- Clutter and excessive materials will be removed.
- YMCA staff will clean and sanitize all classrooms during and after use.
- The YMCA or the school district will use a botanical disinfectant ULV fogger nightly to mitigate viruses.
Personal Items with Children
- Children may only bring essential items such as snack, lunch (if applicable) water bottle, face covering and a change of clothes that will be stored in their individual cubbies.
- All personal items must be taken home each evening and sanitized after each day.
- No toys, stuffed animals, cell phones or electronics are permitted.
Packed Lunches Requirements
- All lunches should be packed in disposable wrap and in disposable bags.
- Lunches requiring a cooler setting may be placed in an insulated cooler with an ice pack.
- Lunches should be packed with disposable utensils
- We cannot warm or heat any food items
- All staff are required to wear face coverings.
- COVID-19 health screening checklists will be completed daily.
- Staff will wear gloves when assisting children with self-care needs.