Do you have questions about our 2021 Summer Camp? We are here to help you find the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions.
Q. What safety measures are in place for my child(ren)?
- Surfaces will be cleaned every hour with disinfectant wipes.
- Please bring a snack, lunch and a water bottle filled with water for the day.
- Staff will make sure hands are washed before and after eating.
- If swimming, bring suit and towel. Children will need to change themselves.
- Windows will be opened when possible
- The same group of children will be kept with the same group of staff when possible.
Q. What if the Summer Camp is cancelled? Will I be reimbursed in full.
A. If the YMCA cancels camp for any reason, deposits and pre-payments will be reimbursed in full.
Q. What are the ratios of staff to kids?
A. The Y adheres to state mandated staff:child ratios.
Q. Do you have to sign up for the whole summer?
A. No, you can sign up for as many weeks you want. There is no minimum amount of weeks.
Q. My child doesn’t swim, I’m not sure I want them to go to the pool.
A. The pools have a shallow end. Your child will not be allowed to go out of the shallow end without taking a swim test. Our staff is by the shallow end to ensure they stay in their designated area. We have staff in the pool and standing on the deck to ensure the safety of the children.
Q. Are the staff trained and have experience that are watching our children all day?
A. Most of the staff work in our Before and After School Program. They all participate in 6 hours Child Care training each year. We do hire some college students but we make sure they have experience and get the required training as well.
Q. Are the children put into groups with their age or are they all one big group?
A. The children are put into groups by the grade they are in. There are two staff responsible for each group. There are times they are not in groups but for certain activities groups are safer for the children.