GENERAL FUNCTION: The Security Guard maintains a safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
This position may involve early morning, evening and weekend responsibilities.
This job Is performed to standard when all work is completed accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
• Requires high school diploma or GED
• Requires knowledge of relevant equipment, procedures and strategies to promote effective security operations for protection of people, data and property
• Effective Communication; written, oral and through presentations
• Must have strong collaborative work ethic
• Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
• Patrol premises to prevent and detect signs of intrusion and security of doors, windows and gates
• Answer alarms and investigate disturbances
• Write daily log of activities and irregularities, such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences
• Perform locker room walk-throughs as required by branch director, or as deemed necessary and address all housekeeping and maintenance issues
• Ability to process, understand and respond appropriately to emergency situations
• Call police or fire departments In cases of emergency, such as fire or presence of unauthorized persons
• Maintain quality service by following organization standards
• Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Administer procedures to ensure safe environment in all weather conditions and unusual occurrences
• Perform any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the North Penn YMCA
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
• Ability to perform the following physical activities adequately: standing, sitting, squatting, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling
• Ability to function under inside and outside environmental conditions
• Ability to lift or carry up to fifty (50) pounds