We are no longer accepting applications for this position.
We are currently looking for a Communication and Outreach Coordinator for the Lansdale branch the North Penn YMCA. This is a permanent, part time position – 28 hours maximum weekly.
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Communication and Outreach Coordinator assists the Branch Executive by providing secretarial and high-level administrative support involving the use of discretion and independent judgment. This position may involve early morning, evening and weekend responsibilities. This job is performed to standard when all work is completed accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Requires high school diploma, associate’s degree in relevant field preferred
- Requires experience working as assistant to high level executives or administrators, preferably in a non-profit setting
- Knowledgeable about office processes and procedures
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Office computer programs
- Ability to work with integrity, discretion, attention to detail, and a professional approach
- Effective Communication; written, oral and through presentations
- Must have strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles
- Recruits and interviews volunteers and maintains all volunteer paperwork by department, including, but not limited to applications, clearances, reporting hours, training completions and liaison for volunteer needs with departments
- Coordinate community outreach events, including but not limited to staff needs, fostering and increasing community relations, and attendance at special events.
- Assist with brochure edits, newsletter articles, special events and other internal bulletins as well as news releases, website updates and other marketing needs .
- Ordering office supplies for the branch
- Coordinating and scheduling room reservations
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards, including Y branding coordination and compliancy for publications
- Ability to process, understand and respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Perform other duties as assigned and any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the branch.
Please email John V. with inquiries at [email protected] or by phone at 215-368-1601 ext 241.