We are no longer hiring for this position.
The Lansdale branch is currently hiring for a Wellness Director.
GENERAL FUNCTION : The Wellness Director is responsible for the development, organization and implementation of all health and wellness programs. This includes (but is not limited to): fitness classes, personal training services, Active Older Adult programs, equipment orientation, youth, teen, and family health/well-being activities. This position may involve early morning, evening and weekend responsibilities. This job is performed to standard when all work is completed accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Physiology, Health and Wellness other related field or equivalent experience
- Current certification in CPR, AED, Oxygen and First Aid.
- Experience in personnel supervision, recruitment, training, and development of staff and volunteers.
- National Personal Training certification such as ACSM, ACE, and CSCS preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with staff, volunteers, members, and the general public is essential. Good organizational and written/oral skills necessary.
- The incumbent must be able to delegate appropriate responsibilities to the staff in order to accomplish the necessary duties.
- Must be able to supervise, direct, and guide all wellness programs with knowledge of the association’s short and long term goals.
- Effective Communication; written, oral and through presentations
- Must have strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles
- Develop, coordinate, manage and expand the wellness programs and services for all age groups.
- Recruit, hire, train and evaluate qualified staff and volunteers to effectively operate programs of the department as budgeted and approved.
- Supervise and guide all wellness staff in the duties outlined in their job descriptions. Monitors daily operations to adhere to all YMCA Health and Wellness standards and policies.
- Develop, manage and control department budgets related to the position.
- Provide staff leadership for annual fundraising campaign and committees as assigned.
- Inspect and maintain the facilities and equipment within the department to ensure high standards of maintenance, cleanliness, and repair of equipment.
- Plan and develop the schedules for all wellness programs.
- Maintain accurate records current staff certifications.
- Conduct and prepare program evaluations including cost analysis, program enrollments, and qualitative measures of program and membership services. Performs wellness evaluations for members.
- Produce informational material and brochures in conjunction with branch marketing plans.
- Assume all other responsibilities as deemed necessary or assigned.
EFFECT ON END RESULT
- Must maintain current program quality and enrollments in Wellness and AOA programs as measured by enrollment reports and member surveys
- Display team effort at all times as evaluated by interim Branch Executive
- Must show effectiveness by which the department budget is managed; attain net operating budget objectives at all times.
- Must attain fund raising objectives established for assigned Annual Gifts Team
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform the following physical activities adequately: standing, sitting, squatting, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Ability to function under inside environmental conditions
- Ability to lift or carry up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to perform the following sensory and communicative activities adequately: hearing and seeing; reading, writing, speaking English fluently.
Job Type: Full-time
To apply or for questions please contact Bob Varga at [email protected] or at 215-368-1601 ext 216.