Extra Hands Financial Assistance (EHFA)
We are a membership organization open to all people. Through the generosity of individuals and organizations who give to our Annual Campaign, we are able to provide programs and services to those who may not otherwise be able to afford them.
If you cannot afford the full cost of a YMCA program or membership, you may apply for financial assistance. Financial assistance, to the extent possible, is available on a fair and open basis to those in need. Visit any of our branch locations for more information and to pick up an application.
financial Assistance Instructions – MEMBERSHIPS
- Complete and sign the financial assistance application form. Page two offers space to detail the current financial situation and any extenuating circumstances we should be aware that may help during our review process.
2. Applicants must include a copy of the most current Federal Income Tax return (1040) FOR EACH ADULT living in the home, listing DEPENDENT CHILDREN living in the home along with W-2s (self-employed include profit loss statement. If you do not have a copy of your filing contact: https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript
3. Last four (4) paystubs or Unemployment award letter or Social Security and Supplemental Security (SSI), County assistance, foundations, government and any other third party support as applicable
financial Assistance Instructions
child care and summer camp programs
- Click here to download and complete the Child Care/Camp Financial Assistance (EHFA) application.
- Before financial assistance is granted for child care or summer camp you must verify if you qualify for funding through Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC). You must first complete and submit the appropriate application for subsidized child care through your county. We are unable to process your child care or summer camp financial assistance request unless you provide a copy of an award or denial letter from the ELRC (Early Learning Resource Centers). See below for ELRC contact information.
- Please include your completed financial assistance application and camp/child care registration forms along with all applicable financial documents as outlined in the application for all members of the household including the most recent tax return, last four (4) pay statements, support, welfare, unemployment, social security, etc.
- All applications and accompanying documents must be emailed to [email protected] or submitted to the branch location.
- Applications are generally processed within 2-3 weeks. All requests for summer camp must be received as soon as possible. The deadline to request assistance for our summer camp programs was May 13, 2023.
- Camps fill up quickly. Incomplete applications cannot be processed and your child will not be enrolled in camp/child care until the all information is received and the award is approved.
- Any outstanding balances must be paid in full before financial assistance will be granted.
- We are unable to process incomplete applications.
- Email application and supporting documentation to [email protected] or bring to the Membership Desk.
Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) contact information:
Click here for Region 16 (Bucks County)
Click here for Region 17 (Montgomery County)