Where Kids Learn, Grow, and Thrive
As the pandemic continues, and online-learning becomes a vital part of education, the Y is offering full-day child care for students, while parents are working from home or returning to work. The goal of this program is to offer a positive experience and opportunities for children to learn in a peer surrounded setting, while following an academic daily schedule. The North Penn YMCA serves the North Penn, Souderton Area, and Perkiomen Valley School Districts.
This program will continue to evolve as we learn what the school districts are offering and adjust our programs to meet the needs of parents in these districts.
The YMCA offers Financial Assistance for eligible families.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
To assure the safest possible environment for your child at our full-day Child Care for Virtual Learners, the following policies and procedures have been adopted based on recommendations and guidelines from the Center for Disease Control (CDC), Pennsylvania Department of Health and the American Camping Association.
- Health Screening questions will be asked and temperatures will be taken for children and staff as they arrive each day.
- All staff and children will wear face coverings at all times (other than during meals and snacks). If there is a medical reason why you’re child cannot wear a mask, a note and meeting with the Program Director is required.
- Hand-washing and sanitizing throughout the day will be enforced.
- 6′ physical distancing will be maintained by utilizing outdoor spaces and larger, indoor spaces.
- Children will be in the same group with the same staff during the day.
- Equipment and touch points will be wiped down on a regular basis throughout the day.
- All essential items such as lunch, snacks, water bottle, and hat must be taken home each evening and sanitized after each day.
Click here to view all of the Safety Protocols and Policies Related to COVID-19 and our Child Care programs.
HARLEYSVILLE YMCA CHILDHOOD CENTER
This program offers support with virtual learning to students in grades K-1 in the Souderton Area School District. The program will be open from 7 am-6 pm. Full and Part-time schedules are as well as extended care is available. Contact Diane Manus for further information at 215-256-0767 or [email protected]
INDIAN VALLEY FAMILY YMCA
This program offers support with virtual learning to students in grades 2-5 in the Souderton Area School District at the Indian Valley branch. Support for students in grades K-5 in the Perkiomen Valley School District will be offered at Skippack Elementary School supervised by Y staff. The program will be open from 7 am-6 pm. For full details about the program, contact Diane Romanello at 215-723-3569, ext 113 or [email protected]
LANSDALE AREA FAMILY YMCA
This program offers support with virtual learning to students in grades K-6. Full details about the program can be found in the 2020-21 Virtual Learners Child Care Parent Handbook
HOURS OF OPERATION
The program will run from 7:00 AM and 5:00 PM. Drop off and pick up will be at our side entrance, around the corner from the Child Care Entrance. Parents will park and walk their child into the building to meet the greeting staff and receive their daily wellness check (including temperature, health screening and sanitizing). Drop off is between 7:00 AM and 8:30 AM.
Parents can choose the days convenient for them. They can register their children for 2 (Tuesday/Thursday), 3 (Monday/Wednesday/Friday) or 5 days of care.
Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis as capacities are limited. Each child’s parent or guardian is required to complete the 2020-21 Child Care Registration Packet to be returned to our office.
For further information, contact Tinesha Moore, 215-368-1601, ext. 236 or email [email protected].