All class formats – Indoor Cycling, HIIT, LES Mills, Boot Camp, Boxing, Zumba
We are looking for Group Exercise Instructors to lead fun, popular, challenging classes at our Lansdale branch. We have a need for instructors of all class types including (but not limited) to: HIIT, Boot Camp, Zumba, Boxing, Kickboxing, Les Mills etc. $20-$25 per hour. Opportunities to teach virtually are also available.
Complimentary childcare available during certain class times!
This position may involve early morning, evening and weekends.
- Must be 18 years of age
- Requires certification through ACE, ACSM, or other approved nationally credited organization
- Specialty Certification a plus (Cycling, Spin, Zumba, Les Mills, Boxing etc.)
- Requires current CPR, AED and First Aid certification
- Effective Communication; written, oral and through presentations
- Must have strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Prepares and maintains class area before and after program; organizes and puts away class equipment; reports damaged equipment
- Leads energizing, fun, safe and educational classes as directed by the director/coordinator, to accomplish the YMCA mission and goals
- Ability to process, understand and respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards
- Maintain facilities and equipment in safe working order
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the North Penn YMCA.
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform the following physical activities adequately: standing, sitting, squatting, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and trainings
Interested candidates please contact Monica Hall (Wellness & Group Exercise Director) at [email protected]