Our Lansdale branch is seeking a part time active older adult coordinator.
GENERAL FUNCTION: The Active Older Adults Coordinator is responsible for providing, organizing and instructing all AOA fitness and social activities in a safe, enjoyable and positive environment. This position may involve early morning, evening and weekend responsibilities.
This job is performed to standard when all work is completed accurately and on time, with minimal supervision.
SUPERVISOR: Wellness Director
Maximum hours weekly: 28
- Requires college degree or three years experience
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Requires current CPR, AED, First Aid certification, YMCA Instructor certification and completion of pertinent AOA trainings
- Effective Communication; written, oral and through presentations
- Must have strong collaborative work ethic
- Ability to interact with people of all ethnic backgrounds, ages, and lifestyles
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Build and maintain the AOA member base through the development of new programs, organizing special events and fundraisers
- Keeps accurate records of participation for future budgeting concerns
- Plans and implements a variety of social activities and fitness regimes to reach all participants.
- Marketing, Promotion, and Public Relations duties as assigned in program area and follow YMCA Marketing plan
- Visit with seniors, during and between classes assisting them with finding the right niche for each individual and encouraging them to use the entire facility and all the programs available to them, checking in with them by phone, mail or email.
- Assist with Association Annual Gift fund raising including coordination, leadership, attainment of goals, recruiting volunteers and staff with full knowledge of YMCA programs, values and services provided to the community
- Serve as Director on Duty as required
- Responsible for watching and guarding participant during activities to prevent injury
- Ability to process, understand and respond appropriately to emergency situations
- Maintain quality service by following organization standards
- Maintain facilities in clean and organized fashion
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Perform any other functions necessary for the smooth and efficient operation of the North Penn YMCA
WORK ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to perform the following physical activities adequately: standing, sitting, squatting, walking, climbing or balancing, stooping, bending, kneeling, crouching or crawling
- Ability to function under inside environmental conditions
- Ability to lift or carry up to fifty (50) pounds
- Ability to perform the following sensory and communicative activities adequately: hearing and seeing; reading, writing, speaking English fluently.
Interested candidates please email resumes to the Wellness Director at the Lansdale branch, Bryan Ortiz, at [email protected]